Saturday, May 18, 2013

TV as the Next Frontier for DIY Website Builders - Web Host Industry ...

MobeeArt offers a tool that allows users to build a website once, while automatically generating a website for TV, mobile, desktop, tablet and Facebook MobeeArt offers a tool that allows users to build a website once, while automatically generating a website for TV, mobile, desktop, tablet and Facebook

The use of second screen devices will drive the social TV experience over the next two years, according to a recent study by Gartner. While this trend will primarily influence the way advertisers interact with consumers, it may also have an interesting impact on website creation.

?Rather than delivering traditional Internet services such as web browsing or social media sites to a connected TV, there has been a shift to companion screens, such as media tablets, that show the benefits of the connected experience and the new activities that are now possible,? Gartner said.

Recognizing that the way consumers use TVs will continue to evolve, Israeli website builder MobeeArt offers a tool that allows users to build a website once, while automatically generating a website for TV, mobile, desktop, tablet and Facebook.

Founded in 2008, MobeeArt is focused on the small and medium-sized business market, and partners with web hosts, domain registrars and other service providers to deliver its tool through their channels.

With its founding teams? background in mobile Internet, MobeeArt started out as a platform for SMBs to easily create a mobile website from their existing website.

Its latest product, Camilyo, is a platform that enables cross-media website optimization, while also offering marketing tools for SMBs to promote their business online, including QR codes, video business cards (essentially animated business cards), coupons and SEO optimization. The Camilyo platform also offers analytics for SMBs to measure the results and the success of their marketing campaigns.

?Our goal is not only to put a unified presence across all platforms, which is a unique technology of ours but provide the SMB with very simple and easy-to-use, intuitive marketing tools,? Gil Ilani, MobeeArt says in an interview with the WHIR. ?For example, if part of a SMBs site is a contact form, we automatically collect that information for lead management. We will offer the SMB the option to add an automatic email to be sent to the customer on his birthday. Wherever the user has some kind of detail, we will automatically collect that information while at the same time we will guide the SMB on what to do with that. It could be an email campaign, SMS or he could build coupons automatically for new users.?

While some of the features in the Camilyo platform are seen in other website builders, such as the video creation tools that 1&1 Internet introduced to its MyWebsite builder recently, optimizing a website for television is something that seems to be?unique?to MobeeArt.

?When you look at all the TV manufacturers and all the new TVs, they?re all going toward embedding browser capabilities into the TV,? Illani says. ?So it?s quite obvious that the world is going there, but having said that, there are a lot of questions: how is that going to work??

?Let me start by describing the problem: the problem is when you think about TV, the instinct about TV is that there isn?t really a problem because there is a full HD screen like my PC and my tablet, the browser will be like any other browser, so I can browse the desktop site. Obviously that?s not the case, and you have three reasons why,? Ilani says. ?The first reason is that I am not sitting in front of my TV in the same way I am sitting in front of my PC. I?m a few inches from my screen on my desktop. When I?m sitting in front of my TV, I?m a few feet away, and I?m probably sitting back and enjoying my time. It?s a completely different situation I?m in. It means that a lot of things would be different. For example, the forms, the size, what I can show on the screen and so on.?

Another issue is hardware, Ilani says. It is difficult to click something or select something from a menu using a remote, but mobile applications and integrated keyboards will make that easier as they mature.

?The third difference is that I?m probably looking for something else than I do when I?m in front of my desktop or mobile, nowadays its very clear that when I?m browsing for something on mobile I have some kind of intent. I want to find the way to the SMB, I want to leave a message, most times we?re not browsing an SMB site just to browse,? Ilani says. ?Same thing for the TV, when I?m looking for something on my TV, it is in a way a combination of things. There is a good chance I just saw a commercial and I want to spend time to read some information. It?s different and it needs a different site design.?

Whether or not Gartner agrees, it is clear that TV will become a totally different experience for consumers in the next couple of years, with integrated and interactive tools and hardware made for optimizing browsing on a TV screen.

?I think that Camilio puts us ahead of the curve at the moment, I?ve seen some competitive solutions, I?ve heard about others, it seems that we?re ahead of the game here. Hosters need solutions like Camilyo to differentiate their commoditized services like hosting,? Terry Gerstner, VP marketing, MobeeArt says.

Do you think TV has the potential to disrupt the way we browse websites or look for SMB services? How will your customers adapt if that is the case? Let us know in a comment.

Nicole Henderson

About Nicole Henderson

Nicole Henderson is the Editor in Chief of the Web Host Industry Review where she covers daily news and features online, as well as in print. She has a bachelor of journalism from Ryerson University in Toronto. You can find her on Twitter @NicoleHenderson.

Source: http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/the-diy-website-revolution-will-be-televised

lake vostok montgomery county public schools the river dr dog ke$ha earl csco

No comments:

Post a Comment