Saturday, April 14, 2012

How do I file taxes on my house that I own with my fiance? | Finance ...

Question by Robby?s Girl : How do I file taxes on my house that I own with my fiance
Whose taxes should go on the mortgage interest? Mine or his?Does it matter? Do we have to file jointly even though we are not married? Best answer:

Answer by OOO
It can go on either both, or on one person?s return but you can not overlap. You can either divide it based on ownership (50/50 75/25, 60/40- be careful the rate sticks around once you mine it deterministic). or one person claims the whole amount. You can not file jointly since you are not married unless you are in a common law and state statues are married by common law.My advise is for whoever it benefits the most should claim it and take the other person to dinner or something nice with the additional benefit gained from the use of the mortgage interest.


What do you think? Answer below!

elliot elliot la galaxy la galaxy jordy nelson hot chelle rae guile

No comments:

Post a Comment